Design Your Own Final Project

If you are not inspired by any of the proposed final project applications, you are free to design and propose your own. You can work either individually or as part of a group. I recommend working in a group. If you want to find group members, you can post a a message to the #meteor channel with a one paragraph description of your idea and request direct messages from those who might be interested in working with you to develop the project idea.

All final projects must satisfy at least the following basic criteria:

To propose your idea, you (or your group) must write and post an essay. The essay should mimic the structure and content of the existing ideas:

1. Overview (including “The problem” and “The solution”)
  2. Mockup page ideas
  3. Use case ideas
  4. Beyond the basics

I will review the essay and indicate what needs to be improved (if anything) to make it acceptable as a final project idea.

I cannot guarantee that every project idea will be approved. If you’re interested in designing your own, you should contact me to pitch the basic idea as soon as possible, and so you can get my initial feedback on how to design it to satisfy my requirements.

Submission instructions

This is an optional assignment, and worth no points. Your motivation is to enable you to work on a final project of your own choosing.

By the time and date on the Schedule page, you must have published your essay and sent me a direct message in Slack with a link to the essay.

To maximize the chances of approval, please publish a first draft of your essay at least three days before the due date for my review. That way I have a chance to give you feedback and you have a chance to make changes to make the proposal acceptable by the due date. If you do not communicate with me at all concerning your idea prior to the due date and time, the odds that I will judge the proposal to be unacceptable rise significantly.