Module: Final Project
Demonstrate your ability to integrate all of the material in this course.
Use an IDE (IntelliJ IDEA) effectively
- You can use IntelliJ IDEA easily and effectively for source code construction and modification.
- You can configure IntelliJ IDEA to load within 10 seconds.
- You can implement object orientation using the ES6 class construct.
- You can use the Underscore library to program in a functional manner.
Use configuration management tools and techniques effectively
- You understand the motivation for version control and configuration management
- You can use git commands to support version control.
- You can set up a GitHub account and use it to manage files.
- You can implement project enhancements by creating and merging branches.
Create high quality technical essays
- You demonstrate the ability to write professional-quality technical essays.
Efficiently create software that conforms to standards
- You understand the benefits of coding standards and why they improve the quality and efficiency of software development.
- You can recognize the presence (or absence) of standards and make software conform if necessary.
- You can take advantage of tool support to automate compliance with certain standards.
Design and implement web pages using HTML and CSS
- You can use HTML and CSS to design basic web pages.
- You can use tools (IntelliJ, Chrome Developer Tools, LiveReload) to design and implement pages quickly.
Design using Meteor Framework
- You understand basic principles of Meteor: collections, publications, reactive variables.
- You can develop basic CRUD applications quickly and effectively.
- You can implement authentication and authorization.
- You can use extensions and templates: Semantic UI, React Router, meteor-application-template-react.
Practice simple project planning techniques
Learn to collaborate more efficiently in a team by breaking a project into sequence of milestones, and each milestone into issues which are
assigned to group members and tracked in GitHub.
Write useful project documentation
Learn to write user and developer-level documentation.