E31: BrowserHistory2

Prior to starting this WOD, you may wish to bring up the Google Web Fonts reading in a separate tab.

The WOD

1. Start your timer.

2. Create a branch off your local browserhistory repo master branch called ‘css-1’, and checkout that branch locally. You will do your work for this WOD in that branch. (If you are doing it for the second time, name it ‘css-2’.)

3. Create a file called “style.css” to contain CSS styles.

4. If you’re using LiveReload, enable it for this folder.

5. Link your index.html to style.css so that your CSS styles will be applied to the HTML in index.html.

6. Now create definitions in your style.css file and references in your index.html to improve the presentation of your page as follows:

• The font for all headings should be Oswald.
    • The font for non-heading text should be Open Sans.
    • The font color should be DarkBlue.
    • The top and bottom margins should be 10 px.
    • The left and right margins should be 50 px.
    • The background color should be Ivory.
    • The logos should be inline with the text.
  7. Now commit your branch to GitHub, and check to see that it’s there.

8. Stop your timer and record your time. Be sure to record it, because you will need your WOD time data when you write your technical essay.

The following image shows what it should look like (click to see full size):

Rx: <11 min Av: 11-15 min Sd: 15-20 min DNF: 20+ min

Demonstration

Once you’ve finished doing the WOD a single time, watch me do it:

Standard WOD Caveats

You’ll learn significantly less from watching me solve the WOD if you haven’t attempted the WOD yourself first.

While it’s an achievement to finish the WOD no matter how long it takes, you might experience “diminishing returns” if you work longer than the DNF time. Thus, it is usually strategic to stop working at the DNF time and watch my solution.

After watching my solution, I recommend that you repeat the WOD if you have not achieved at least Av performance. If so, be sure to:

Feel free to keep trying until you make Rx if that’s of interest to you.

Submission Instructions

By the time and date indicated on the Schedule page, submit this assignment via Laulima.

Your submission should contain:

You will receive full credit for this practice WOD as long as you have attempted it at least once and submitted the email with all required data before the due date. Your code does not have to run perfectly for you to receive full credit. However, if you do not repeat each practice WOD until you can finish it successfully in at least AV time, you are unlikely to do well on the in-class WOD. To reduce the stress associated with this course, I recommend that you repeat each practice WOD as many times as necessary to achieve at least AV before its due date.