ICS 215: Introduction to Scripting
- Use regular expressions to solve different problems.
- Produce robust client and server side scripts in a variety of scripting languages using software engineering techniques such as review and extensive program testing.
- Handle user and system generated events using various scripting languages.
- Validate user input using various scripting languages for security purposes.
Course Learning Outcomes: See objectives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- b. Students can analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- c. Students can design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- d. Students can function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- f. Students can communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- i. Students can use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
Prerequisites: 211 (or concurrent), or consent.
Textbook(s): none, Class Notes.
Grading: In class quizzes (100%)
- Week 1: Introduction, course description and rules
- Weeks 2 - 4: Regular Expressions
- Weeks 8 - 10: PHP
- Weeks 11 - 13: Perl
- Weeks 14 - 16: Python